Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Beginnings

The beginning of a new year always prompts me to make resolutions and goals for the year. I tend to have a huge list and forget half or more on the list a few months into the new year. If I don't have the list, however, I feel at a bit of a loss and don't have something to strive for.

Many of my desires for 2009 center around being more organized. I know, that's a common desire, but so necessary! As a wife, mother, home school teacher and small business owner, it is vital that I have my ducks all in a row. Not only do I want to keep from drowning, I want to thrive in all areas and excel.

I'll post my Resolutions and Goals for 2009 tomorrow, but I'll let you in on a few right now. One goal is to really get my business going. I stopped promoting my sewing business when my son was born in 2005. I had no desire to work for anyone else, I just wanted to spend every moment with my sweet baby. Now that he is turning 4, I'm ready to get back to the sewing machine. I've done a few jobs for people the last few years, but I haven't really promoted myself. 2009 will change all that.

My first step is creating a website. For now, I'm checking out the free sites available on the web. Once I get something up and running, I'll definitely post a link here. In creating a website, I'm also going to be creating a price list. Before, especially in dealing with clothing repairs or alterations, I just kind of made up a price. Now, I'm really going to research and think about what would be good charges and have them ready for anyone who asks.

Next will be getting a weekly schedule in place. There are so many things I want to do and need to do that if I don't set up some kind of a schedule, I'll go slowly insane!

Well, that is enough for now. I will be back tomorrow to get this thing off the ground. Here's to a great 2008! Hope it was good for you!

Veronica

No comments: