On Friday I finished my first quilt for 2010. This is a charity quilt that I had hoped to finish before Abigail was born, but it just didn't work out that way. The charity, Quilts for Kids, sent out a kit with all the fabric and directions for making a quilt to their specifications. I needed to provide the batting and quilt it.
Since the fabric I received had mermaids, seahorses, starfish and fish, I decided to have some fun quilting it. I found some simple designs of fish and seahorses and did some loose outlining of seahorses, fish and starfish. I also did some very representational bubbles and seaweed.