Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 13

Another bust as far as quilting goes. I got such a horrible headache by the end of the day I couldn't even read stories to Arthur. Thankfully Daddy filled in for me.

The second Thursday of the month is our doll club meeting. Over the last several years the club membership has really dropped. We are down to 6 or 7 regular attenders and 11 paid members. I had actually considered dropping from the group, too. I was feeling a burned out from making dolls due to some really bad swaps and I've never wanted to be a doll collector. I was going to let my membership lapse in April 2005 when it was time to renew, but then the club threw a wonderful baby shower for Arthur. I didn't feel right saying thanks for the gifts but now I'm quitting. So, to make it more interesting for me to be part of the group, I took on doing the newsletter. I enjoy making the newsletter and I think the ladies enjoy reading it.

After attending this month's meeting in LaPine, I stopped at Grandma's house to get Arthur. We visited for a bit and got home around 5. The weather has turned gorgeous! Brian and Arthur went to the track for an hour and I napped with Abigail for a bit. My eyes were so tired I began to wonder if I'd make it home. When I woke from my nap, I had a headache. Oh, well! I can always sew tomorrow.

Veronica

No comments: