Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 27

After many hours of cutting strips and sewing them back together, the blocks are all done for the bookcase quilt! Now I need to sew them into strips and add the shelving. Pretty simple, but time consuming. My design wall insn't wide enough for all the blocks, the last row doesn't fit, so I may have to clear the living room floor and just play with the blocks for a bit. I can't play too long, though, because I'm running out of time. I HAVE to get this into a top and basted tomorrow. It would also be excellent if I could start quilting it.

Saturday, Brian's sister and family are going to be at his mom's house. We are all going to get together to celebrate Memorial Day. I wonder if I could bring my sewing machine. Hmmm....that's very tempting! I'll wait to see how far I get. I'll also need to pack on Saturday for me and the kids.

Abigail had her 6 month checkup this morning. She is 27.5 inches long and that puts her in the 92nd percentile for her length, but she weighs 14.05 pounds which puts her in the 7th percentile for her weight. The doctor said he wasn't too concerned, but he did want me to try getting more calories in her. So far she has been exclusively breast fed. I had tried to start her on some baby rice cereal once, but she was not feeling well and that didn't go over very well at all. Tonight, I mixed up just over a tablespoon of cereal and she ate it all up! Hooray! I need to go back to the doctor in 5 weeks so they can remeasure her and see how she's doing. I think she will be just fine.

Veronica

No comments: