Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 36

Much of the day was spent visiting with the Lake side of the family. Each time I come to Michigan to visit my parents, we set aside one day when we can all get together. It was especially nice this time to have Vanessa in the area at the same time. She's been living in Prauge the last several years and we haven't crossed paths a lot.

The weather was perfect, even the mosquitos thought so. We had brats and beans and stuff and visited for a while. My uncle gave a box filled with the Wilton yearbooks she had and a tub filled with her cake decorating tips. Any time I'm sitting for a spell I'm flipping through these books. I can't wait to get started!

After lunch, we all headed to Vanessa's new apartment nearly 3 miles away. She had the fixings for ice cream sundaes. Yummy! I'm ashamed to admit that I had two. The men all worked at putting Vanessa's new bedroom suite together. It had just been delivered earlier in the day.

We were back home by 6 and I was able to get a couple hours in quilting the bookcase quilt. I'm nearly at the end. Only one more row to do.

Veronica

No comments: