Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 40

I finished quilting the shelves tonight! Hooray! Tomorrow, I load the clear thread in the top of the machine and do stich in the ditch around the books and nicknacks. I hope it goes quickly, I'm down to 2 days.

My poor Dad strained his back this morning picking up Abigail. He said he just lifted wrong. So, he stayed home while Mom, the kids and I all went to the zoo. We had a great time! Arthur and Abigail were both very good (it looked like it was going to be iffy with the way Arthur started off in the morning!) and we stayed for about 2 1/2 hours.

After dinner, we loaded Mom's and Arthur's bikes into the pickup truck and headed to Vanessa's apartment. There are some wonderful bike trails around her apartment and beyond, so Vanessa, Arthur and I went for a short bike ride. It may have lasted longer if Arthur hadn't seen a little boy that lives a few doors down playing outside. Those two have become fast friends in the couple times they've played together. I would have liked to ride longer. I think I'll take Arthur out tomorrow for a ride around in the neighborhood.

Veronica

No comments: