Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 42

I finished the binding this morning! I then shoved the quilt into a bag, gathered the kids and dashed to the mall. I saw a dress yesterday on sale, but wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it or not. By next morning, I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I went back to get it. I know my mom said that she would get it for me, but I couldn't wait. I didn't want to risk someone else finding this lovely dress on sale and they didn't have any others the size I wanted. So, now I have a new dress that originally cost $70 and I got it for $15! Woohoo!

After the mall, we drove through the pouring rain to meet a fellow quilter that I met on QATW. We had a great time and the kids were very well behaved. It's always nice to meet other quilters.

With only an hour before my aunt and cousins showed up for dinner, I set up the machine to quilt the rest of the quilt. I've got about 1 1/2 rows done, 4 1/2 to go. If I can get Abigail to stay asleep, I'll try to quilt for about half an hour. This quilting is going quickly and I'd like to get to the halfway point tonight. Although, I'm starting to feel pretty tired. Maybe I should just get to sleep and really work hard on it in the morning. Tomorrow's the last day! Since I'm meeting my sister for dinner, I'd like it done by then. Nose to the grindstone!

Veronica

No comments: