Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sisters Quilt Show


Every year on the second Saturday of July, Sisters, Oregon is blanketed in quilts. Literally. Quilts from all over the country are displayed outside on the buildings. This is quite possibly the largest outdoor quilt show in the world, but don't quote me on that.
I took the kids and we left about 9:15am. We hit a bit of traffic as we entered Sisters (Nothing like what was coming from Bend - that was really backed up!) and parked at 10am. I met up with two other ladies that I met through QATW. I had brought the bookcase quilt with me to show them. When I unfolded it and held it out, suddenly we had a group of other ladies surrounding and whipping out their cameras. I felt like a rock star! I may just have to make another one of these and display it at the show next year.
We stayed in Sisters until 4:30. Arthur didn't walk around looking at quilts with me the whole time. There is a nice little playground in a lovely, shaded park which we visited a couple times. It gave a chance for Arthur to just run around with other kids, for Abigail to stretch out on a quilt on the ground and for me to take my sandals off and rest my feet. We did see a lot of quilts and Arthur had fun pointing out the ones he liked and thought I should make. (Yeah, right, kid!) Because he liked them, he insisted he needed to be in the pictures.
There was raffle for a pretty cool bike, but I sadly did not win. However, I did come away with sore feet and newly burned arms. It was a good day and I just hope Abigail sleeps through the night tonight. I need to sleep!Veronica

No comments: