Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And it continues...

Today I installed the second mini blind. It was quicker, but still a struggle. I think it's time to get a new power drill. I was able to put in screws by hand further than with the drill. All the baseboard molding is in the bathroom, even the tricky out of reach places. This molding has been stained and waiting for 2 years. It feels good to have it in. I also primed everything I could find: window sills, window trim, shower trim. I still need to prime the bathroom door trim. For a little while I thought of staining it to match the baseboard molding, but I'm thinking it will look better painted white to match the door. In the morning I will look through the cans of paint to see if I have what I need to paint everything.

My shoulders and neck need a little bit of a break, so I'm not planning on doing any work on the house until tomorrow evening. We (Arthur, Abigail and I) will be walking to the bank and store first thing in the morning to deposit a couple checks and get Arthur some toothpaste. If the weather cooperates, I'll then spread some fertilizer on the lawn when we get back. I'm hoping to also take the kids to Pappy's Pizzeria, but we shall see how the morning goes. That's a lot of walking for me and bike riding for Arthur. He has a "new" two-wheeled bike with training wheels, but he's very timid on the bike. The training wheels tend to move while he's riding and it makes him nervous.

Oh, I can hear my bed calling me. Unfortunately, I don't think Abigail's crib is calling her. Maybe she'll just kick and play on my bed while I relax with a movie.

Veronica

No comments: