It looks like a pretty basic mini blind. Not too big, not too scary. That is until I tried to install it in Brian's office. I'll get back to that in a bit.
This morning I debated on what I wanted to tackle next in the house. Two windows were ready to paint, but I wanted to finish all the caulking first. In order to finish caulking I would need to get trim for the bathroom. Since I have no car for the week, that would mean walking to Lowe's. Arthur ended up spending the night at Grandma's house last night, so I wouldn't have him with me. I love taking walks with Arthur, but it can be a struggle if I want to walk quickly. So, that made up my mind. I loaded Abigail in the stroller and off we went.
I also needed just a few things at the grocery store (peanut butter, tuna, lunch meat), so I stopped there and then bought some trim at Lowe's. I was home by 12:30 and set to work measuring, cutting and nailing trim around the shower. When my brother-in-law installed the tile around the tub, there was a 1/4" - 1/2" gap around the top of the tile. I now have the trim up and caulked and ready to paint!
I also found the trim designated for the baseboard in the bathroom. I cut a piece that was to go under the heater and it was too tall. I ended up unscrewing the heater from the wall, placing the trim in the right spot and screwing the heater back in place. There are some tricky spots to deal with around the vanity, so I'll wait until I'm more alert tomorrow to tackle that.
Okay, now the blinds. It should be simple, really. On either end of the window where you're hanging the blinds, screw up a bracket to hold the blinds. Well, that's where I had problems. I think my drill is giving up the ghost. I had charged it all day yesterday and the drill started wimping out on me after the first screw. I struggled with each screw. It was like there was a sheet of metal 1/4" in the window frame that would not let the screws go through. I fought to get the screws in, holding a heavy power drill over my head and pushing with all my might. I finally had all four screws in an hour later. Upon snapping (or trying to) the blinds into the brackets I just put up, I found that one bracket was positioned right over the wand and gave no room for the bracket. The other side was already snapped into place and I could not free it. So, holding the blinds over my head, I tried to unscrew the bracket, move it over 1/2" and screw it back in place all with one hand. My arms felt like lead when I finally finished. It took me almost 3 hours to get those blinds put up. Tomorrow, I get to put blinds in Arthur and Abigail's room. Oh, joy!