Monday, June 20, 2011

A June Contest

Periodically, QATW will host quilting challenges or contests. For June, we have a contest to finish a quilt. The quilt is something that we had to have started before 2011 and will require at least 10 hours to finish. I had the perfect quilt.

January 2010 marked the beginning of a 30's BOM. 30's is a type of fabric that is reproduced from the fabric made in the 1930's. The fabric is bright, cheery and fun. I love it!

1930’s Fabric Club



BOM = Block Of the Month. The hostess will have a quilt design, but only release one step a month. By the end of the year, the participants will have completed a quilt top. The BOM's at QATW end up being Block of the Moment projects. If most of the people have the latest block completed, directions for the next step will be released. I think we had all the block instructions by June. I added a few borders and extra blocks to my quilt to make it large enough for our bed without struggling too much to keep Brian from stealing it during the night.

Back to the contest. We have to pledge a quilting/sewing notion to enter. Whoever finishes their quilt during the month will have their name put in a basket. The name drawn wins all the notions that have been pledged. Around 2am on Sunday morning, I put the last stitch in the binding of my 30's BOM.


This quilt is already on our bed and I love it. This will be our Spring/Summer quilt.

Now, I need to spend the rest of the week working on swap blocks. I've really procrastinated in getting them done. Time to sew in every spare minute.

No comments: