Saturday, August 20, 2011

Missed Stitches and Painted Rooms

I am thrilled to have a newly painted room! It is so fresh and clean looking. And now the walls don't clash with my quilt!



Yesterday afternoon I noticed a posting on Craigslist for a meeting for a local knitting and crocheting group. They were going to host their first meeting that night at Sam Johnson Park. That's about a half hour walk with the kids and Arthur likes the playground, so off we went.

I got there 10 minutes late for the 6:30 meeting time, but didn't see any knitters. At a picnic table right near the playground was a loud, smoking family. Under the pavilion on the other end of the park looked to be a family reunion. So, I sat in the shade while the kids played on the playground and got out my bad to knit. Around that time two couples pulled into the parking lot and got out with a dog and walked past me. I didn't think anything of it until they had already passed me and I overheard the word knit. At that time, however, Abigail decided to go down a steep slide and scared herself. Meanwhile, the knitters ended up going to the extreme far end of the park and I couldn't convince the kids that they wanted to run around in the grassy area. But I spent my time at the park pushing Abigail in the swing and her laughs and squeals of delight beat out any knitting group any day.

No comments: