Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Machine

Necchi 575 FA
I purchased a Necchi 575 FA sewing machine a couple days ago.  I saw it listed on a local group and knew I wanted it the moment I read "Necchi".  My main machine is also a Necchi, but it is in need of some repair.  Nothing that keeps me from sewing, but I would like to have it checked out.

This machine comes in a separate carrying case and has the cords and accessories that are original to the machine.  It does not look or feel like it's been used very much.  I spent tonight setting it up, cleaning and oiling the machine.  I then did some practice sewing and quilting.  The quilting worked pretty well as long as I moved my hands slowly.  (I tend to get impatient and speed right along.)  I fiddled with the tension in the bobbin and the machine and think I have it just about perfect.  Tomorrow I'll play with seams and straight stitches to find the perfect 1/4" seam.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase.  For only $20 I was able to get a machine from a brand I really like in great working condition.

No comments: