Sunday, October 5, 2014

T-shirt Bookcase Quilt

Many people have seen a quilt my sister commissioned from me a few years ago.  You can see the quilt here.  I really love the way this quilt turned out and have been wanting to make another one.  About a month ago, I was contacted by a woman wanting to know if I could make this quilt design but using T-shirts her daughter has collected through the years from special events and activities.  I told her that I thought I could.

A large box arrived on my doorstep a few weeks ago filled with T-shirts and other special clothing items.  I looked through it once, but didn't have time to really investigate the contents.  I finally have other sewing obligations out of the way (except for a crib bumper I just remember.  Hmmm....I guess I'll work on that tonight) so I can start planning this quilt.  I'm excited to watch this project come together!

1 comment:

Marie-Claire Verlinden said...

Veronica, this quilt is stunning and must certainly be considered as one of your masterpieces! I love the way you added jars and other knick-knacks to make this bookshelf more "homey". I completely understand your reluctance to give this quilt to its recipient...I certainly would have had a hard time! Congratulations on an excellent job!
Claire